Connecting Bitget to Tealstreet
- First, make sure you are logged into your Bitget account.
Consider supporting Tealstreet by using the referral link. Traders will receive 10% off fees (lower fees helps trader profitability!).
- Second, log into your Tealstreet account.
It's a good idea to keep both Tealstreet and Bitget tabs open.
Once you have successfully logged into Tealstreet, navigate to the header titled ‘API Keys’
Click the blue button titled ‘New API Key’
- Choose Bitget from the dropdown menu.
- Now you are ready to generate the API Keys within your Bitget Account. Head on over to the Bitget tab and:
- Click on the User Icon.
- Select API Management from the dropdown menu.
- On the API Key page click on the Create New Key Button to start the key creation process.
You can get to this page directly by navigating to this link
Create New API
- Now you are ready to choose the settings of your Bitget API Key pair.
1. Choose a nickname for the API Key pair on Bitget. This will only show on Bitget’s website, on the API management page. It does not need to match the nickname you use on the Tealstreet terminal.
2. Create an ‘API Passphrase.’ The passphrase must be at least 8 characters in length. Use only letters or numbers. Do not use symbols or special characters.
- Store the ‘API Passphrase’ somewhere safe! You will need to enter this passphrase within the Tealstreet trading terminal.
3. Celect the API Key permissions. Enable ‘Trade.’ Read-only is already enabled.
- Do not enable ‘Transfer’ or ‘Withdraw.’
4. Copy and paste the IP addresses as listed within the Tealstreet trading terminal once you’ve selected Bitget from the dropdown menu.
5. Scroll down
6. Click the ‘Get it now’ button to send a temporary code to the email address associated with your Bitget account. Paste it in the field once you’ve received it.
7. Paste the 2FA verification code in the final field.
8. Click ‘Next’ after completing all the necessary fields and Bitget will generate your API Key pair.
Never share your API Keys with anyone.
Connecting to Tealstreet
Once you have created the API Key on Bitget's website, you are ready to fill out the information on Tealstreet’s API KEYS page.
1.Ensure you have Bitget selected as the exchange.
2.Choose a nickname for your Bitget Account API Key. The nickname is only visible within Tealstreet. It does not need to match the nickname you chose on Bitget’s website.
3.Choose your Encryption Password. Remember to save this somewhere! You will need to input this password when you navigate back to the trade page of the trading terminal.
4.Paste the API Key provided by Bitget here.
5.Paste the API Secret provided by Bitget here.
6.Paste your Bitget Passphase here.
Read more about Tealstreet's Encryption password system here.
Be sure to double check you do not confuse API Key and API Secret. Connecting your Bitget exchange account to Tealstreet will not work if these fields are not entered correctly.
If all the details are correct, you will have successfully linked your Bitget account to Tealstreet. Navigate to the ‘Trade’ page of Tealstreet and select the Bitget account from the dropdown menu. If properly linked, you will see your balance/collateral appear in the Margin window of Tealstreet. Happy trading!!!
With Bitget on Tealstreet, you can enable Stops to function one of two ways.
- With Partial Stops enabled, the Stop hotkey and/or draggable Stops will NOT add up resting orders.
- With Partial Stops disabled, all SL Stops will be set to ‘infinity’, meaning all resting order amounts will be included within the stop amount.