Before you can trade futures / derivatives on OKEx, users must change their Account Mode.
Users cannot trade futures / derivatives if their OKEx account is in ‘Simple Mode.’
You can follow along in the video or the steps below:
Watch the video Tutorial on YouTube. Click Here.
Log into your OKEx account.
Navigate from Trade to Margin Trading
- Click the Gear icon on the upper right of the screen
- Next, click the option titled ‘Account Mode.’
- Then, select and activate ‘Single-currency margin.’
- Once activated, you will have successfully enabled futures trading and will be able to trade with the Tealstreet terminal.
Continue reading to learn how to create and connect an OKEx API to the Tealstreet trading Terminal
Follow the steps below:
First, make sure you are logged into your OKEx account.
Second, log into your Tealstreet account.
Its a good idea to keep both Tealstreet and OKEx tabs open.
Once you have successfully logged into Tealstreet, navigate to the header titled ‘API Keys’
Click the blue button titled ‘New API Key’
- Choose OKEx from the dropdown menu.
Do not choose the OKEx testnet unless you are certain it's what you need.
- Now you are ready to generate the API Keys within your OKEx Account. Head on over to the OKEx tab and:
- Click on the User Icon.
- Select API from the dropdown menu.
You can get to this page directly by navigating to this link
- On the API Key page click on the Create V5 API Key Button to start the key creation process.
- Now you are ready to create the API key for Tealstreet.
Choose ‘Connect to Third-Party Applications.’
Select 'Tealstreet' From the drop down menu.
- Now you are ready to set the settings of your OKEx API Key pair.
1. Ensure "Binding third-party apps is selected.
2. Ensure the App name says Tealstreet.
3. ‘API Name’ You can choose any name you like for this section. It can be helpful to use a name related to Tealstreet in case you have many API keys for different services.
4. ‘Passphrase’ OKEx requires users to choose a password for each API key.
5. Ensure "Trade" is ticked. This will ensure you can trade on Tealstreet.
6. Double check all the selections are correct and then click 'Confirm'.
a. A popup will appear next and prompt you to submit the email code and the 2FA from your Authentication App.
Using a phone number for 2-factor authentication (2FA) is not recommended. Consider keeping a paper copy of your 2FA backup codes in case you ever lose access to your 2FA device.
b. Once you submit the 2FA code, you will see a new popup from OKEx with your API Key details. You need to paste those details into the API Key page of Tealstreet.
You will need to input this on the Tealstreet terminal website so it is a good idea to keep and/or save this passphrase.
Never share your API Keys with anyone.
- Once you have created the API Key on OKEx’s website, you are ready to fill out the information on Tealstreet’s API KEYS page.
Double check ‘OKEx’ shows on the ‘Exchange’ Dropdown section.
1. ‘Name’ - Here you can choose a name for your API Key. This is helpful for traders who utilize multiple exchanges and/or sub accounts and want to distinguish between them.
2. Choose your Encryption Password. Remember to save this somewhere! You will need to input this password when you navigate back to the trade page of the trading terminal.
3. ‘API Password’ - This field coincides with ‘Passphrase’ you chose on the OKEx Create API key page.
4. ‘Key’ - Paste the API Key provided by OKEx here.
5. ‘Secret’ - Paste the API Secret provided by OKEx here.
6. Click ‘Create.’
If you ever forget your API Key Passphrase you can always create another API Key on the OKEx website.
Be sure to double check you do not confuse API Key and API Secret. Connecting your OKEx exchange account to Tealstreet will not work if these fields are not inputted correctly.
- If all the details are correct, you will have successfully linked your OKEx account to Tealstreet. Navigate to the ‘Trade’ page of Tealstreet and select the OKExre account from the dropdown menu. If properly linked, you will see your balance/collateral appear in the Margin window of Tealstreet.